Younger Players – Smaller Teams – Fun & Safe.
FLAG FOOTBALL is a FUN and SAFE way to get introduced to the great game of football and kick off your football career!!!
The PLAYERS ages 5 to 8 will be introduced to the football basics in a non-hitting environment. The players focus on learning and developing all the basic fundamental skills need to play the game including: running, passing, catching, scripted-plays, lining up and teamwork.
The TEAMS consist of 8 players on the field (rather than 11 for tackle football) with the coaches coaching on the field shoulder-to-shoulder with the young players.
The FIELD is played on the width of a regular football field 53.3 yards by 30 yards.
The GAME consists of two 25-minute running halves with two first down markers 20 yards apart. The offense runs plays from their 6 play arsenal with players rotating all positions while wearing their flags. The defense tries to stop the offense by simply grabbing the flags of the player with the ball.
The PROGRAM is a great introduction to the sport of football and each player will receive the following:
- Introduction to the great game of football
- Coaching on the basics of football
- Game shirt
- Game shorts
- Practice shirt
- Player trophy for completing season
- Participation in 5 or more regular season games against local teams from Bedford, Franklin, Laconia, Goffstown, Nashua, Merrimack & Manchester East
- Participation in year-end exciting SUPER BOWL